Witchdoctor Productions is proud to welcome One For Sorrow to Witchfest 2017. This UK based act that features two SA members, Jason Putter (ex Dark Millennium) and Andrew “snakes” Louis (ex THC) will perform at both Witchfest 2017 Johannesburg & Cape Town. Make sure to check them out.
Zombies ate my girlfriend
One for Sorrow
Theatre Runs Red
Insidious Reign *
Demogoroth Satanum *
Imperial Destruction **
*JHB Only **CTN Only
There will be a host of food stalls, vendors and crafts. Merchandise will be on sale along with Witchcraft Beer and Witchdoctor Coffee.
One For Sorrow was a creative spark that emerged when vocalist Joe Thompson and guitarist Jason Putter set upon formulating a sound and band they had always
aspired to be a part of. Both fans of groove metal, they sought to take the down tuned style and rhythmical feel of the genre and infuse it with guitar and vocal elements more influenced by classic 60s and 70s blues rock.
Once they had completed the lineup by enlisting the slamming rhythm section of Tim Maude (bass) and Ross Quinn (drums), One For Sorrowset about turning their
dreams into hard rocking reality. In the last three years they have gone from wowing the local London metal scene
to UK metal festival regular whilst picking up an ever increasing loyal fan base along the way. With one well received EP under their belts and a debut album to be released this year it seems One For Sorrow have tapped into a creative vein that metal fans were sorely in need off. Expect big things
• Formed in 2012
• Released EP “Backs to the Wall” produced by Matt Hyde (Slipknot, Machine Head)
• Outright Winners of the 2013 “Metal 2 the Masses” competition out of 170 bands to secure their first festival slot
• Interviewed and featured on various online and digital radio stations and webzines
• Played Bloodstock Festival 2013 tearing up the New Blood stage with the biggest crowd seen all day
• Covermounted and praised in main stream media such as Metal Hammer and Terroriser
• 2014 saw even bigger gigs across the UK and a return to the festival circuit, including Hammerfest and Headbangers Ball
• Returned to the studio to record their upcoming debutalbum “Blood Songs” due out soon