It is with great honor we welcome THEATRE RUNS RED to Witchfest Open Air 2017 Johannesburg and Cape Town. Arguably the biggest and longest running Black Metal band in SA metal history. A band known for EPIC live shows with a flair for theatrical sonic madness. You can catch them at Both events on the main stage.
THEATRE RUNS RED – BIO
Vomited from the depths of Hades, five forces joined together to create Durban’s longest-standing blackened death metal group.
Feverish blasts drive death marches of doom and in turn disintegrate into blackened decay, immersing the audience in a visual and aural feast. Fronted by one of South Africa’s most malevolent frontwomen, the group delivers a powerful live performance to keep you coming back for more.
With plans to darken each of South Africa’s corners in the future once more, Theatre Runs Red is intent on taking its musical repertoire to the next level.
Major festivals / shows we have been a part of thus far:
– Metal 4 Africa
– Death Fest
– Grim Fest
– Witchfest – Carcass SA Tour
– RAMfest (CTN)
– RAMfest (JHB) – Trivium and Killswitch Engage SA Tour
– Emalyth Arts Expo’s
– From the Dark
– Battle of the Bands (DBN) – Winners in 2008
– Ensiferum Tour SA
– Opening act for Behemoth + Konkhra South African Tour 2014
– Witchfest 2015 – Epica, Hatebreed,Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Kataklysm, Belphagor, Septic Flesh, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Alestorm, Carnifex, Aborted, Skinned and Restock tour
– Sam Dunn: Metal Documentary South Africa
Voted best South African Black Metal Act 2015 & 2016 in the SOUTH AFRICAN METAL MUSIC AWARDS
Musical influences are diverse and innumerable – each member lives for their music and relishes a vast range of different genres, with black and death metal remaining, as expected, in the forefront.